Saturday, January 31, 2009

[fnftwo] Lahneck am Rhein castle / New

 
 
Hello Everyone,
Just something simple today.
For a castle challenge I chose a very old painting of the Lahneck am Rhein castle
in a part of Germany that I really love.
Castle is close to Koblenz where I did a lot of my shopping when I lived there.
Built in 1244, it has a long and interesting history.

Lahneck near Lahnstein is a castle from the 13th century on the banks of the Rhein, near Koblenz, and well-known by the death of Idilea Dubb in June 1851. On her holidays, the 17 year old girl mounted the high tower of castle Lahneck, when suddenly the wooden stairs collapsed behind her. Nobody heard her crying and calling on the point of the tower, because it was surrounded with an insurmountable wall 3 meters high.

The last sentences in her diary: All I know is that there is no hope for me. My death is certain. ... Father in heaven, have mercy on my soul (drawn down with two hearts). She was only found after years in 1860,

her diary  hidden in the walls some weeks later.

Today the castle is still maintained by it's present owners complete with furniture, art, etc

and a fascinating place to visit.

Hugs from Roni

 

 

 Letter by RoniElaine
Shared graphic of Lahneck am Rhein Castle
Font: Segoe Print

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template