Thursday, March 26, 2009

RE: [Photoshop-Haven] Re: crop tool - aspect ratio

I first check the resolution on my original image by using ALT-I-I (that's
the letter "i").Just eyeball what the resolution is, then close that box and
set your crop resolution to match.

Now I should also say that this whole issue still confuses me. When I crop
photos for printing, I do a 300 ppi. But boy, does that ruin the image for
onscreen viewing. Not sure I understand that, but my little solution above
seems to work for what I want.

Ellabella

_____

From: Photoshop-Haven@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Photoshop-Haven@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Carey
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:29 PM
To: Photoshop-Haven@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Photoshop-Haven] Re: crop tool - aspect ratio

Let me see if I have this straight.

Using the crop tool, if you enter a width of 10 and a height of 8 it will
resample the photo (which is not what we want). If you set the width to "10
in" and the height to "8 in" then it doesn't resample the photo but it will
reset the resolution (which is not what we want either). [In both cases I
left the "resolution" blank.]

So, how do you crop to a ratio without causing a resample or resetting the
resolution?

Carey

--- In Photoshop-Haven@ <mailto:Photoshop-Haven%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@...> wrote:
>
> Just leave the resolution blank.
> Paul in Portland OR
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <GAmoore@...>
> To: <Photoshop-Haven@ <mailto:Photoshop-Haven%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com>; <GAmoore@...>
> Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:42 AM
> Subject: [Photoshop-Haven] crop tool - aspect ratio
>
>
> >I am using the crop tool in CS4 and I find it very clumsy. I would like
to
> > set the aspect ratio, say 8:10 and then crop accordingly but it seems to

> > force
> > you to choose a resolution - which means to me that it might resample
the
> > image
> > and lower the quality. Is there something i am missing?
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

------------------- Photoshop-Haven --------------------~-~>

BlogViewsByRoz.com<br>
http://www.BlogViewsByRoz.com<br>

---------------------------------------------------------------_->
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Photoshop-Haven/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Photoshop-Haven/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Photoshop-Haven-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Photoshop-Haven-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Photoshop-Haven-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template