Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Re: Can anyone recommend a CD or DVD on Photoshop training?

photoshop top secret is the best!!!i have  a copy of this dvd..

also best of photoshop user magazines - 8th year tutorial

if u want a copy email me if your from the philippines.


From: William Callahan <wpcallahan@yahoo.com>
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 6:39:08 AM
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Re: Can anyone recommend a CD or DVD on Photoshop training?

You are not the only "Ole Dog" here, I too grew up on Tri X, although I stuck to medium format, and not 4x5. I quit shooting about 25 years ago, and just started again, so understand your learning curve problem. The Deke McClellan books are excellent, the Photoshop for Dummies being the best for your case, I believe. Another source you might want to try is is Lynda.com.

Lynda.com offers online learning in all the areas, Photoshop, digital photography, all the software for anything from "Picasa" and easy software to "Illastrator" . They have all the major DVD libraries to teach these, and you can access them online and learn anything at your own pace. It's good for guys like us, because we can see it over and over, and watching video gets me past the all the things tech savvy people assume I know but don't. Check them out, you can try some of the lessons first before you decide. I think it's $25/MO, but you can learn a lot in 1 month, a lot more than you would for a $25 book. You can also download lessons I believe, but not sure. So, basically you can learn everything and anything there, and then ask specific questions and tips here. Ansel Adams was a master, but he might have committed suicide if he had to learn CS4.

I am new at modifying digital photos. I grew up with a 4x5 camera and old Tri-X black-and-white film, so you know I'm a dinosaur. No exposure meters, no autofocus. Had to set the shutter speeds and F-stops manually, and reload the sheet-film holders in total darkness.

Now, can anyone point me to a good training or tutoring program on CD or DVD so that I can learn Photoshop or GIMP?



HOTMAIL, GMAIL, ….ACCOUNTS?
Invite your friends from Hotmail, Gmail to Yahoo! Messenger today!

__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/ =========Members Map http://www.frappr.com/photoshopbeginners ========




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template