Friday, February 20, 2009

RE: [Photoshop-Haven] Noise-reduction software?

Hi Beth,

I use a free Action for most of my noise reduction needs.

It's called ISO PR NR.atn

You can download it here.

http://www.bytephoto.com/modules.php?name=photoshop-actions&d_op=MostPopular

I think it is the fourth one down the list.

Not sure how well it will work on your star trek images, but it won't cost
anything to try. It has four different settings. Mild, Normal, Aggressive
and Super Aggressive.

I rarely use anything else.

George.


-----Original Message-----
From: Photoshop-Haven@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Photoshop-Haven@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Beth
Sent: 20 February 2009 12:43
To: Photoshop-Haven@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Photoshop-Haven] Noise-reduction software?

I'm appealing to all you experts out there. What software, preferably a
photoshop plug-in, do you recommend for reducing noise?

I've got some really cool shots I took at last year's Star Trek Convention.
I worked hard to get good shots: I got an extra-long lens, used my tripod
and took tons to catch the best expressions. But because it was low light,
I had to pump the ISO and my shots came out really noisy. There are some
gems, there, though, so I'd like to be able to clean them up. I tried the
noise-reduction filter in photoshop but it didn't do much.

I've heard of nik Dfine and Image Doctor, but don't know anything about
them. Are they good for this, or is there anything else I should consider?

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Beth
/info/terms/

----------


----------


No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.1/1960 - Release Date: 02/19/09 10:48:00


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

------------------- Photoshop-Haven --------------------~-~>

BlogViewsByRoz.com<br>
http://www.BlogViewsByRoz.com<br>

---------------------------------------------------------------_->
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Photoshop-Haven/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Photoshop-Haven/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Photoshop-Haven-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Photoshop-Haven-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Photoshop-Haven-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template