Thursday, June 4, 2009

[PhotoshopPros] Re: To be or not to be...

Hi again,

The only thing I would say further is perhaps some tweaks, such as
having a little text with the video tutorials explaining what the, not
the how, but the what of the process is that we are about to watch.

Example:
Photoshop: Noise Averaging
http://photoshoppros.com/174011-Photoshop-Noise-Averaging.html

Since I'm not a Pro, why would I watch it?

Or this article;

More Brushing Effects for Photoshop Enthusiasts
http://photoshoppros.com/868573-More-Brushing-Effects-for-Photoshop-Enthusiasts.html

I've got Photoshop CS2 open and I'm trying to guess which brushes
these are. Which set is it that ships with Photoshop? Are they
included with CS2? Are the available at the Adobe Exchange? I went to
the site linked in that article for questions about the article and
there wasn't anything to help me there.

The only other thing I could wish for is a search tool. There is a LOT
of information at the site of differing types and while one can use
the site index to sort of search for something, a search tool from the
front page would make it much simpler.

I don't know how many articles on Photoshop brushes there are at the
site, I went to the index and used my browser search tool and found
one. Are there more? I don't know because I can only search the titles
in the site index.

This critique is only because I would like to get more use out of the
site and I am enthusiastic about it gaining more followers. I don't
know the reasons why the site is formatted the way that it is, all I
can do is give you a little user/reader feedback.

Outré
smcsgraphics@gmail.com
Using Paint Shop Pro 9 and PS CS2


On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Outré <smcsgraphics@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just checked out the blog and it looks very good.
>
> Perhaps you could set up a weekly, for now, and later a monthly
> auto-email to give the link to the blog?
>
> And what about social networking? I noticed the RSS feed, and would
> have Twittered the site had there been a link, well I'll tweet you
> anyways, but having it there might get the word out faster, unless you
> favor slower growth over faster. At any rate I searched Twitter and
> didn't find Photoshop Pros, just a suggestion.
>
> Outré
> smcsgraphics@gmail.com
> Using Paint Shop Pro 9 and PS CS2
>
>
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Artist <sitepro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> LOL...
>>
>>
>> Yeah, it's been really quiet, lately.  There was a great deal more action in
>> the group when we first started.  At that time the group was doing so well
>> that I setup the PhotoshopPros.com website using a fully modded version of
>> phpBB, but the group continued to outshine the website.
>>
>> After the website was hacked, I parked it and the group started quieting
>> down.
>>
>> Recently, I moved the http://www.PhotoshopPros.com domain to a website/blog
>> service that posts keyword related content, and of course, my keyword is
>> Photoshop.  That seems to have increased interest in the website, which is
>> actually intended to be in support of the group.
>>
>> We still get and answer the occasional Photoshop question or respond with
>> requested critiques, but would genuinely encourage more posting.
>>
>> Obviously the group won't be useful if people don't use it, but it has been
>> useful in the past and I know I would use it if I had a question because
>> responses are usually very professional and forth coming.
>>
>> I suppose some are moving on, but the group is still a valuable resource for
>> those that use it when they need it.  However, because of the
>> professionalism of the group, not many pros actually are looking for
>> answers.  Yet, that is why it is a good resource, there are some very
>> knowledgeable people here, and all one has to do is ask to get an answer.
>>
>> That said, this group could use a little more banter & networking.  We
>> actually like to see links to people's art & projects, we just don't want
>> any sales jobs (spam).
>>
>> -Doug
>>
>>
>> Doug Peters
>> http://www.Doug-Peters.com   http://www.twitter.com/Domainating
>> http://www.facebook.com/people/Douglas-Peters/1628191759
>> W3DN.com   DomainHostmaster.com   HDWebHosting.com    SymbioticDesign.com
>> TopSitesCat.com

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Photoshop Pros" group.
To post to this group, send email to photoshoppros@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to photoshoppros+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/photoshoppros?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template