Wednesday, April 1, 2009

[fnftwo] April Fools Challenge

 
I had fun with this challenge, used everything.  Messed around with filters for the background, spiraled "Word", and the word ballons did a negative image and radial kaleidoscope. And used a fun tube I'd never used.  This tube reminded me of one time, long, long ago babysitting for one of my favorite group of kids - NOT!  The mother was getting ready and giving instructions and such.  She said, "My hair isn't quite right" and her sweet little five-year-old daughter said, "It's not the hair, Mommy, it's the face!"
 
Okay, for a story about me and PSP which starts with my rubberstamping hobby years ago.  When my kids were moved out, I decided I had time for a hobby and picked rubberstamping, because it was CHEAP and fun, I thought.  Several thousand dollars later and far more stuff than my house could hold, I did realize it was anything but cheap.  And I was spending a bundle on postage for all the swaps I was doing.  So, after being laid off, I needed something cheaper.  I bought PSP and it sat for quite awhile, doing very little but scanning and resizing.  Then I discovered YAHOO GROUPS.  And started having a blast with my new hobby.  But I suddenly needed DSL, because I couldn't download much with dialup.  I thought a couple of hours a day would be all I would need, so he got me set up in an old huge 100-year-old shop we were going to use for a business (he already owned it), utitlities and DSL and phone service cost a bundle, but he was happy that I was happy.  Needed a new computer - no problem, we'd need one for the business and he bought me one and him one.  This cheap hobby was starting to cost bucks.  I needed an external drive or three, lots of backup DVDs.  2 hours a day - who was I kidding?  He was wise to set me up away from home, so sometimes I gotta do other things.  The business didn't ever get off the ground, but he still pays all these bills here and the DSL, etc, just so I can play all day.  Am I lucky or what?!  Anyone know a really CHEAP hobby?  Nah, I'm still having fun with this one.
 
Maren

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template